The pros and cons of 6 types of roofing shingles
There are so many roofing options to choose from. Here are six types of shingles and the pros and cons to consider when installing your new roof:
- Fiberglass asphalt shingles – These asphalt shingles are lightweight and fire-resistant, but more expensive than three-tab shingles.
- Organic asphalt shingles – These asphalt shingles are inexpensive and waterproof, but don’t last as long as other types of asphalt shingles.
- Three-tab shingles – These shingles are the least expensive option and last as long as most other asphalt shingles.
- Architectural shingles – These asphalt shingles are sturdier than three-tab shingles, but can be easily damaged by heavy rain.
- Tile shingles – These are beautiful and unique, but come at a high cost.
- Wood shingles – These are durable and environmentally friendly, but they’re not fire-resistant and they often cost more than asphalt shingles.
Whatever shingle type you choose, trust Joe Roberson & Son Roofing Inc. to install them expertly for your Greenville or Easley, SC home.